Sunday, September 9, 2012









Sylvia mesmerized her audience by her voice that is beyond belief.
Far, far way of being standard, she brings it to the table – glamorous and classy music for your ears.  One of her numerous feats is “cry me a river” where you can experience on youtube 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88jHgGAUIU
Please take yourself hostage for this incredible talent and step into Sylvia’s world. Her recent release "Restless" is played by international radio channels.

What is your current project? 
My current project is the release and radio campaign for my new album Restless. It is what I am calling "Jazz Noir", and has been recorded with some of the top Jazz musicians in Los Angeles.

How would you define success?

Success to me is not being afraid of who you are, but accepting that your "art" as it were, is going to come out of you in a very different way than it comes out of someone else. So if you can stay true to that, and then are able to reach people through your expression....that is the top of the pinnacle.

What is most important for composing your music. Please pick one and tell us why.
a) creativity
b) melody
c) vocals
d) lyrics


To this point, I have been a vocal interpreter. But now, I have begun to write. Of course, it starts with creativity. But then, for me, lyrics come first....what it is from my life that I want to share with others. And where the commonalities are. It always comes out first through the lyric.

Where will you see yourself in 2015?

I want my music to reach many people and cultures. I love performing, and am looking toward international concert performances. As well as creating many more albums. My next album will be all original material.

Where do you get your daily inspiration from?

My inspiration comes from within. And from other great artists and ideas. Whether it is a great painting, and amazing piece of music, or a great forward thinking design.






Please visit Sylvia's webpage for more information:

www.sylviabrooks.net

12 comments:

Tom Miller said...

Her voice reminds me of the 1940's and 50's.

Beautiful music.
I think I gonna buy restless.

Thank you for sharing it. Great blog.

Tom Miller

Eve T. said...

Hello Chris,

She is amazing.

I also like her cry me a river.

Classy woman.

Best from England and xoxo
Eve

Eve T. said...

Hello Chris,

She is amazing.

I also like her cry me a river.

Classy woman.

Best from England and xoxo
Eve

Fernando Felipe said...

Hmm, she is reinventing the genre.

Super voice!

Fernando

Anonymous said...

She captures me with her voice.

I love her album already.

Chris, thank you for introducing her.

Keep up your awesome work.

Best,
Gunther

Andrew Mulligan said...

Sweet.

I hope she will publish more.

Thanks crankbox!

Andrew

Doro W. said...

I love her voice.

Wishing you the best, Sylvia.

For you as well, Chris.

Xoxo,
Doro

Anonymous said...

Her music is brilliant.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Best,
Carl

Anonymous said...

I already love her music.

Please keep on posting more.

Love,
Lydia

Pete Mitchell said...

Wow. She got true talent.

Thank you for sharing.

Pete from Manchester

Anonymous said...

Sylvia is special. I looked up for cry me a river and she is outstanding.

Crankbox-music knows the best musicians!

Please keep up that way.
Romo

David Santillanes said...

I have had the pleasure of working with Sylvia when she needed exclusive designs for her photo shoot. She is so talented and such an inspiration to me in many ways. I wish her nothing but the best in her career.