Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mila Falls
Interview by Chris Koppers/images courtesy of Mila Falls

Mila comes up with some fresh air for the music industry. She was the one who supported Ringo Starr and his tour. She is the one who is ready to be the first musician performing on the moon. Please welcome Mila on crankbox-music and please learn more about the phenomenal Mila:

What is it that you are working on right now? Please tell us something about the essentials of your debut album. What can we expect?

The album is going to be MAGIC! The album takes you on journey through POP, from dance floor hits to pop-stompers. The producers I’ve worked with on the project have previously worked alongside some pop legends including Tinie Tempah, Britney Spears and Outkast! As an aside (just so you know) all the producers on the album have earned themselves Grammies for their previous work...here’s hoping ;)!



I’m still working on an album title but off the record, it could have something to do with Barbie Dolls & Headscarves…



How was it to be the support for Ringo Starr's UK tour back in 2011? How much fun was involved? Would you love to be his support again?

The Ringo Starr tour was incredible. On the way home from one of the shows I played a gig in the middle of the night on the motorway (as in the middle lane with a Polish lorry driver lighting up the "stage" with his full beam!). A show I’ll never forget. You can watch it here:www.youtube.com/milafalls. It was an honour to support a Beatle and was totally awesome to have a chinwag with him!What are your key essentials when it comes to your lyrics? How would you describe your "Mila Falls" brand?

What makes me stand out from the rest is my lyrical content about Robots and spaceships. My lyrics are inspired by TV shows like Button Moon and Red Dwarf. My first single “PARTY IN THE STARS” tells the tale of me traveling about in a rocket “coz we’ve partied out this planet”. I don’t know about you but have you ever heard a song with the lyric “ALIEN HOE-DOWN”?
Please complete:

My music is ... BIG and FLASHY

I have no time for ... slackers and mini moaners!

My fans are ... the best in the world! GO #MILABOTSJ

I would love to ... fly to the moon one day

Being on stage is like ... totally awesome, it means I can wear a bright pink lyrca jumpsuit and a glow in the dark headpiece and not get locked up!!
Where will you see yourself in 2014?

In 2014 I’d hope to be making album number 2 and playing lots of electrifying shows!

How important is your fanbase? Do you have time to meet your fans on a regular basis?

Without people enjoying what you’re doing, you have nothing! I am a chatterbox so I always talk to everyone at my shows.

How is it being a British female Pop musician? How does an ordinary day of your life look like?

It is awesome how the UK fully embraces Pop Music. A day in the life of Mila Falls involves song writing, band rehearsals and live shows… oooo and designing stage outfits, I’m having some custom-made Mila Falls jackets created at the moment! Very exciting…!

Can you reveal us the sweetest moments of your career?

I shot my debut music video a couple weeks ago. That was SERIOUSLY one of the best weeks of my life. A 48-man crew (who were super amazing) built my space rocket and life-sized moon set, designed space alien costumes and we made something super magical. I can’t WAIT to show everyone!

What is your main motivation to move on?

I always say that you don’t choose music, it chooses you. I’m simply addicted to music !

Where can we find/purchase your music?

We are releasing a free text download next month. (Follow me on twitter @milafalls or facebook.com/milafalls for the link)

My debut single and album will be out late this year / early 2013. In the meantime I’m playing lots of live shows around the UK. Check out teasers of the album on youtube.com/milafalls and live dates at milafalls.com/live.

Also, I will be having a VIP screening for my first music video soon. We are running a competition for free tickets so check the Mila Falls facebook and twitter for updates. It will be super spacey!

Find me online at:

www.milafalls.com

18 comments:

Heather Walls said...

She's soooo cool and what a lovely voice.

Thanks to crankbox-music, I will check her talent out.

Sweet kisses,
A new crankbox-music fan
Heather

Paul M. said...

Great voice.

Wish you all the best.
Regards,
Paul M.

Call me Tito said...

Coolest gurl in town!

Tito

Francis C. said...

Best love performer in the UK.

Best wishes,
Francis

Curt B. said...

Thank you for introducing her.

She's gifted.

See you,
Curt

Anonymous said...

Cool lady.

Thanks for the interview.

Jack

Perumal R. said...

Hello from India.

Mila Falls got what is takes to become number 1.
Wish her all the best.

Perumal

Emily K. said...

Great songs, just checked her out on youtube.

Thank you, Chris.

Xoxo,
Emily

Christina Cole said...

Love it.

Much love,
Christina

Thomas P. said...

She stuns me!

Great artist.

Thank you, Chris.

Thomas

Melissa said...

Awesome interview.

Xoxo,
Melissa

Tori M. said...

Can't wait to get her latest release.

Brilliant interview.
Best,
Tori

Jenna J. said...

Sweet post.

Kisses,
Jenna J.

Anonymous said...

Cool tracks.

Awesome music blog.
Regards,
Sonja

Kristen said...

Great talent. :)


Kristen

Jay H. said...

Need to see her LIVE.


Jay

Vincent P. said...

Cool music and awesome interview

Best,
Vincent

Caleb G. said...

Awesome girl. Great voice.

Caleb.